Saturday, February 6, 2010

Climbing locura....

This news is going to be quite a surprise for el Sergi (I hope.) Today I made the big step and signed up as a member with Vertical Hold. You won't believe it but it is a Dual Monthly Membership....no not what you think, it is not with Carmen, it is with Carlos, yes Carlos Fernandez known as Monkey Carlitos.
Anyways, this part of the story is probably not too surprising yet though the Carlos part might have come as a surprise...Now the thing that gave this post its name, the locura of the day is that I signed up for a second climbing gym as well. Two sign ups on the same day....that beats everything I think. Again, not what you might think, I am not running from one gym to the next, I didn't go mad yet. The new gym is opening only in May/June and I wanted to climb until then. Check it out, it is called Mesa Rim, and quite a cool climbing gym. Tati and Antonio signed up too. It is going to be the quatro infernale...Till June we have to get in shape because the new gym is mainly lead climbing (it has a great boulder area too....a bit too high). Anyways, thought I share this new record. Tati, Antonio and me are members of two climbing gyms :D....Locura total. Have a great week and a good night.

6 comments:

Sergio said...

I'm speechless. You guys, get strong!!. Next time I visit San Diego, we have to go El Cajon Mountain together (http://unodetantos-sandiego.blogspot.com/2008/04/leonids.html), you'll love it. Easy, long, and well protected.
I'm little by little getting back in shape. The wrist doesn't hurt that much, and I can climb at a decent level. Yesterday, I went out to a small crag close to Tiana, and got some "interesting" routes done. Took a bunch of leader falls on a damn one with two shallow two-finger pockets in a row, but finally I made it. Unfortunately, we took no pictures, so I'll wait for the next climbing day to post something in the blog.

Antonio said...

A mutar

Tati said...

Locos, locos...
I'm very excited with the new gym, but we should improve a lot before.
There are going to be hundreds of leading routes there that I want to climb!!!

buenas noches campeón!!!

Sergio said...

Hey, I checked the crew of that gym and I noticed Michael Rumack is one of the owners and general manager. This guy was the manager of Vertical Hold for a long while. I know some of the guys that are fans of their facebook site. Some of them are very good climbers (others not so much, hehe), I think you're gonna have a blast in that gym!! :o)

Gogi said...

With others not so much I guess you mean us...cabron ;-)
Can't wait that they open. Hope you can come over soon and try it out too.

Sergio said...

hey!, no I didn't mean you guys!. But I know (a bit) some of the guys in that list and a couple of them stroke me as douchebag wannabes. I might be wrong, though. On the other hand, some of them are very good, solid and safe climbers.
And for visiting SD, I don't think is gonna happen this year. But, who knows?.